What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient art and science of unifying various aspects of the self. In fact, Yoga directly translated from Sanskrit, means ‘union’. Hatha Yoga, which includes all kinds of Yoga disciplines that involve the body (e.g. Classical Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Flow Yoga, Hot Yoga, Power Yoga), is a holistic system designed to unify body, mind and Spirit as well as unifying us with that which is harmonious, benevolent, healing and virtuous.
At Eagle Wellness, Yoga and working with the body is one of the many ways that we can understand and improve wellness. Yoga teachers at Eagle Wellness are seasoned practitioners with experience in teaching and engaging with these ancient traditions/practices. Yoga offers opportunity for individuals to deeply connect to your physical, mental and spiritual selves, while providing an opportunity to connect with the subtle (energetic) aspects of our lives. The teachings, meditations and guidance of our yoga practices can directly help with:
- improving cardio, respiratory and circulatory health
- increase energy and vitality
- help to balance your emotional well-being
- enhance mental clarity and focus
- enable self-discipline
- deepen awareness of one’s patterns and habits
Some other side-benefits of yoga can be:
- help to enhance muscle tone and strengthening
- aid in the possible prevention of future injuries
- remove blockages and inhibitions
- improve willpower and self-confidence
- assist with personal inspiration in achieving one's goals
Who can benefit from Yoga?
Regardless of age, physical ability or experience, everyone can practice yoga. Yoga in the west is most often understood as focusing mainly on the physical benefits, however, yoga’s principal aim is to restore connection to mental clarity and calm through the physical movements and use of breath. This process enables you to enter out into the world and utilize this mental clarity to bring calmness to your everyday experiences and relationships. Whether you are new to Yoga, or an experienced yogi, practitioners at Eagle Wellness will adapt their work to your personal health and wellness goals.